G-III Apparel and its peers
In this article, we’ll compare G-III Apparel Group (GIII) to its industry peers:
- The PE (price-to-earnings) ratios of G-III Apparel Group, VF Corporation (VFC), Ralph Lauren (RL), PVH (PVH), and Genesco (GCO) are 19.6x, 27.2x, 19.6x, 15.8x, and 13.2x, respectively, as of December 2, 2015.
- The PBV (price-to-book value) ratios of G-III Apparel, VF, Ralph Lauren, PVH, and Genesco are 3.0x, 5.2x, 2.8x, 1.8x, and 1.3x, respectively.
Thus, G-III Apparel Group has outperformed most of its peers based on PBV.
ETFs that invest in G-III Apparel Group
The PowerShares S&P SmallCap Consumer Discretionary ETF (PSCD) invests 2.0% of its holdings in GIII. The ETF tracks a market cap–weighted index of consumer staples stocks selected from the S&P SmallCap 600.
The PowerShares DWA Consumer Cyclicals Momentum ETF (PEZ) invests 1.3% of its holdings in GIII. The ETF tracks an index of US consumer cyclical companies selected and weighted by price momentum.
The First Trust Small Cap Growth AlphaDex ETF (FYC) invests 0.94% of its holdings in GIII. The ETF tracks a quantitative-driven index that selects stocks from the S&P SmallCap 600 Growth Index in an attempt to outperform the market.
G-III Apparel and its ETFs
An analysis of G-III Apparel Group and its ETFs is as follows:
- The year-to-date price movements of G-III Apparel, PSCD, PEZ, and FYC are 3.0%, -4.0%, 3.1%, and 6.3%, respectively.
- The PE ratios of G-III Apparel, PSCD, PEZ, and FYC are 19.6x, 24.1x, 22.3x, and 31.7x, respectively.
- The PBV ratios of G-III Apparel, PSCD, PEZ, and FYC are 3.0x, 2.4x, 7.5x, and 3.4x, respectively.
Thus, GIII’s ETFs have outperformed it based on price movement, PE, and PBV.