J.B. Hunt and its peers
An analysis of J.B. Hunt and its peers follows:
- The PE (price-to-earnings) ratios of J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT), Ryder System (R), Landstar System (LSTR), Con-way (CNW), and Swift Transportation (SWFT) are 21.70x, 16.13x, 19.67x, 20.32x, and 10.98x, respectively.
- The PBV (price-to-book value) ratios of J.B. Hunt, Ryder, Landstar, Con-way, and Swift are 6.53x, 1.96x, 5.99x, 2.27x, and 3.75x, respectively.
As a result, J.B. Hunt is way ahead of its peers based on the PE ratio and PBV ratio.
ETFs that invest in J.B. Hunt
The iShares Transportation Average ETF (IYT) invests 4.9% of its holdings in J.B. Hunt. IYT tracks a price-weighted index of transportation firms in the US equity market selected by the Dow Jones Average Committee.
The SPDR S&P Transportation ETF (XTN) invests 2.4% of its holdings in J.B. Hunt. XTN is designed to track a broad-based, equal-weighted index of US stocks in the transportation industry.
The First Trust Industrials/Producer Durables AlphaDEX ETF (FXR) invests 0.99% of its holdings in J.B. Hunt. FXR tracks a quant-driven, tiered, and equal-weighted index that selects US industrial stocks that will likely outperform the sector.
Comparing J.B. Hunt and its ETFs
An analysis of J.B. Hunt and its ETFs follows:
- The YTD (year-to-date) price movements of J.B. Hunt, IYT, XTN, and FXR are -10.2%, -10.7%, -57.2%, and -9.5%, respectively.
- The PE ratios of J.B. Hunt, IYT, XTN, and FXR are 21.70x, 16.91x, 18.54x, and 14.80x, respectively.
- The PBV ratios of J.B. Hunt, IYT, XTN, and FXR are 6.53x, 3.45x, 2.50x, and 2.18x, respectively.
J.B. Hunt outperformed its ETFs based on the price movement, PE ratio, and PBV ratio.