uploads///ANR

Analysts’ Ratings: APC Wins the Most ‘Buy’ Recommendations

By

Updated

Anadarko Petroleum

Among the four upstream companies we’re looking at in this series, Anadarko Petroleum (APC) has received the most “buy” (82.9%) recommendations from analysts covering the stock. The remaining 17.1% recommend “hold.” Analysts’ bullishness toward APC could be due to its attractive valuation. Barclays recently initiated coverage on APC, assigning the stock an “overweight” rating, which is equivalent to “buy.” APC has seen six rating updates in past six months—five coverage initiations and one upgrade. APC is currently trading below the low range ($70) of analysts’ target price. Analysts’ average target price of $85.50 implies a ~37% upside from its current price.

Article continues below advertisement

Occidental Petroleum

Of the analysts covering Occidental Petroleum (OXY), 66.7% recommend “hold,” and 33.3% recommend “buy.” Morgan Stanley last initiated coverage on OXY with an “overweight” rating. OXY has seen six rating updates over the past six months—four upgrades and two coverage initiations. OXY is currently trading below the low range ($83) of analysts’ target price. Analysts’ average target price of $96.60 implies a 26.0% upside from its current price.

EOG Resources

Of the analysts covering EOG Resources (EOG), 69.4% recommend “buy,” and 30.6% recommend “hold.” Barclays has initiated coverage of the stock with an “overweight” rating. EOG has seen six rating updates over the past four months, and is currently trading below the low range ($122.60) of analysts’ target price. Analysts’ average target price of $141.10 implies a ~21% upside from its current price.

ConocoPhillips

Of the analysts covering ConocoPhillips (COP), 59.1% recommend “buy,” 36.4% recommend “hold,” and 4.5% recommend “sell.” Bank of America recently downgraded COP from “buy” to “neutral,” which is equivalent to “hold.” COP has seen rating updates over the past six months—three new coverage initiations, two downgrades, and one upgrade. Analysts’ average target price of $80.70 implies an ~11% upside from its current price. For more on US oil and gas companies, check out our Energy and Power page.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist