Key economic indicators
Key global indicators released last week include the following:
- US (QQQ) (SPY) final manufacturing PMI
- UK (EWU) final manufacturing PMI
- France (EWQ) final manufacturing PMI
- Germany (EWG) final manufacturing PMI
- Eurozone (VGK) (EZU) final manufacturing PMI
- Japan (EWJ) final manufacturing PMI
- US (IWM) consumer confidence
- US Q2 final GDP
- ADP employment report
- US non-farm payrolls
Economic indicators are important for investors, as they offer insight into a country’s economic health. These indicators also help investors to identify short-term trends in markets.
In this series, we’ll take a look at the final manufacturing PMI for the US, the UK, Japan, Germany, France, and Europe for August 2017. We’ll also analyze US consumer confidence in August 2017.
Next, we’ll look at the August jobs report. We’ll look at both the non-farm payroll report and the ADP employment report in August 2017. Last, we’ll analyze the US GDP in 2Q17.
In the next part of this series, we’ll analyze the US final manufacturing PMI for August 2017.