Voya Financial and its peers
In this article, we’ll compare Voya to its industry peers in terms of the following metrics:
- The PE (price-to-earnings) ratios of Voya Financial (VOYA), Allstate (ALL), Lincoln National (LNC), Assurant (AIZ), and Symetra Financial (SYA) are 4.3x, 10.6x, 11.6x, 21.9x, and 21.2x, respectively.
- The PBV (price-to-book value) ratios of Voya, Allstate, Lincoln National, Assurant, and Symetra are 0.61x, 1.3x, 0.95x, 1.2x, and 1.2x, respectively.
Thus, the company’s peers have outperformed Voya Financial based on PE and PBV.
ETFs that invest in Voya Financial
The Renaissance IPO ETF (IPO) invests 4.4% of its holdings in Voya. The ETF tracks a market-cap-weighted index of recent US-listed IPOs. The fund acquires issues within 90 days of an IPO and sells after two years.
The Global X Guru ETF (GURU) invests 2.4% of its holdings in Voya. The ETF tracks an equal-weighted index that attempts to mimic concentrated equity positions taken by large hedge funds.
The KBE Bank Fund (KBE) invests 1.7% of its holdings in Voya. The ETF tracks an equal-weighted index of US Banking firms.
Comparing Voya Financial and its ETFs
Now let’s look at Voya compared to its ETFs:
- The year-to-date price movements of Voya, IPO, GURU, and KBE are -6.7%, -3.9%, -6.9%, and 5.8%, respectively.
- The PE ratios of Voya, IPO, GURU, and KBE are 4.3x, 36.6x, 23.1x, and 14.0x, respectively.
- The PBV ratios of Voya, IPO, GURU, and KBE are 0.61x, 2.5x, 2.6x, and 1.2x, respectively.
Thus, these ETFs have outperformed Voya Financial based on price movement, PE, and PBV.