Hasbro and its peers
An analysis of Hasbro and its peers follows:
- The PE (price-to-earnings) ratios of Hasbro (HAS), Activision Blizzard (ATVI), Electronic Arts (EA), and Mattel (MAT) are 22.01x, 26.57x, 24.42x, and 19.28x, respectively.
- The PBV (price-to-book value) ratios of Hasbro, Activision Blizzard, Electronic Arts, and Mattel are 6.32x, 3.15x, 6.74x, and 3.06x, respectively.
- The price-to-sales ratios of Hasbro, Activision Blizzard, Electronic Arts, Mattel. and Scientific Games (SGMS) are 2.11x, 5.29x, 5.0x, 1.32x, and 0.39x, respectively.
As a result, the peers outperformed Hasbro based on the PE ratio.
ETFs that invest in Hasbro
The Arrow QVM Equity Factor ETF (QVM) invests 2% of its holdings in Hasbro. QVM tracks an index of US-listed stocks selected by quality, value, and momentum screens. About 50 stocks make the cut and receive equal weight in the portfolio.
The First Trust Consumer Discretionary AlphaDEX ETF (FXD) invests 1.4% of its holdings in Hasbro. FXD tracks an index of large and mid-cap US Consumer Discretionary stocks. The underlying index uses multifactor selection and tiered equal weighting.
The Guggenheim S&P Equal Weight Consumer Discretionary ETF (RCD) invests 1.3% of its holdings in Hasbro. RCD tracks an equal-weighted index of large cap US Consumer Discretionary stocks drawn from the S&P 500.
Comparing Hasbro and its ETFs
An analysis of Hasbro and its ETF follows:
- The YTD (year-to-date) price movement of Hasbro, FXD, and RCD are 33.9%, -0.86%, and 0.68%, respectively.
- The PE ratios of Hasbro, QVM, FXD, and RCD are 22.01x, 12.80x, 16.06x, and 15.32x, respectively.
- The PBV ratios of Hasbro, QVM, FXD, and RCD are 6.32x, 4.18x, 3.69x, and 3.68x, respectively.
Hasbro is way ahead of its ETFs based on the price movement, PE ratio, and PBV ratio.