uploads///airport _

Analysts Have Mixed Opinion on Booking Holdings Stock


Jun. 5 2019, Updated 7:42 a.m. ET

Mixed opinion

Analysts polled by Reuters have a mixed stance on Booking Holdings (BKNG) stock. Approximately 52% of the 33 analysts covering Booking Holdings have “strong buy” or “buy” recommendations, while the remaining 48% of the analysts have given it a “hold” rating. Nonetheless, they have provided a consensus “buy” recommendation and an average rating of ~2.33 on the stock.

Booking Holdings’ dismal outlook for the full-year 2019 and lower-than-expected first-quarter results have made analysts somewhat cautious about its growth prospects. Therefore, they have lowered their target price on Booking Holdings after its first-quarter 2019 results, which were reported on May 9.

Wall Street analysts’ average target price of $2,013.24 on Booking Holdings is lower than $2,016.43 on May 8 and $2,224.70 on January 1. The current target price signifies a potential ~15.2% rise from its current level of $1,747.03.

Article continues below advertisement

Peers’ rating

Analysts have a mixed view on other players in the online travel booking industry. They have a consensus “buy” recommendations on Ctrip.com International (CTRP) and Expedia (EXPE) but a consensus “hold” recommendation on TripAdvisor (TRIP).

Analysts’ one-year average target price on Ctrip, Expedia, and TripAdvisor are $44.91, $149.21, and $52.86, respectively, signifying a return of 28.8%, 24.2%, and 16.5%.

About 179 US-traded ETFs have included Booking Holdings stock in their portfolio. Among them, the Invesco NASDAQ Internet ETF (PNQI) is the biggest investor and has allocated 4% of its funds in the stock.


More From Market Realist

    • CONNECT with Market Realist
    • Link to Facebook
    • Link to Twitter
    • Link to Instagram
    • Link to Email Subscribe
    Market Realist Logo
    Do Not Sell My Personal Information

    © Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.