uploads/2018/01/Chart-001-6-1.jpg

Johnson & Johnson’s Revenues Rose 11.5% in 4Q17

By

Updated

Johnson & Johnson’s revenues

Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) reported 11.5% revenue growth to ~$20.2 billion during 4Q17 compared to revenues of ~$18.1 billion in 4Q16. Johnson & Johnson surpassed Wall Street analysts’ estimates for EPS (earnings per share) and revenues.

The company reported EPS of $1.74 on revenues of ~$20.2 billion during 4Q17, an increase from its EPS estimate of $1.72 on revenues of ~$20.1 billion during 4Q17.

The chart above shows revenues for Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) since 1Q15. For fiscal 2017, Johnson & Johnson reported EPS of $7.30 on revenues of ~$76.5 billion, a 6.3% increase compared to revenues of ~$71.9 billion during fiscal 2016.

Article continues below advertisement

Revenue performance in 4Q17

Johnson & Johnson reported 9.4% growth in its top line at constant exchange rates to ~$20.2 billion during 4Q17. A favorable impact of foreign exchange contributed ~2.1% to its revenue growth in 4Q17, resulting in total growth of ~11.5% during 4Q17.

Geographically, the US markets reported 9.8% growth in revenues to ~$10.5 billion during 4Q17. The international markets reported 13.5% growth in revenues, including operational growth of 9.0% and a 4.5% favorable impact of foreign exchange during 4Q17.

Revenue performance in fiscal 2017

Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) reported growth of 6.0% in its top line at constant exchange rates to ~$76.5 billion during 2017. A favorable impact of foreign exchange contributed ~0.3% to its 2017 revenue growth, resulting in total growth of ~6.3% during 2017.

Geographically, the US markets reported 5.4% growth in revenues to ~$39.9 billion during 2017. The company’s international markets reported 7.4% growth in revenues, including operational growth of 6.6% and a 0.8% favorable impact of foreign exchange during 2017.

The Guggenheim S&P 500 Top 50 ETF (XLG) holds 14.6% of its total investments in healthcare companies. XLG holds 3.2% in Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), 1.9% in Pfizer (PFE), 1.4% in Merck & Co. (MRK), and 1.2% in Amgen (AMGN).

Advertisement

More From Market Realist