The international segment
Allergan’s (AGN) international business includes revenues from the sales of branded products as well as aesthetics products outside the US markets.
The international business reported revenues of $858.5 million, a 13.4% increase as compared to $757.0 million in 2Q16.
- The eyecare franchise includes eyecare products like Refresh and Restasis for dry eyes, Alphagan, Lumigan, and Combigan for glaucoma, and other eyecare products including Acular LS, Acuvail, Botox, Elestat, and Pred Forte. The eyecare franchise reported revenues of $322.0 million in 2Q17, a 1% increase as compared to $318.7 million in 2Q16.
- The facial aesthetics franchise includes revenues from Botox cosmetic products, Juvederm products, and other products including Latisse and Kybella. The facial aesthetics franchise reported revenues of $287.5 million during 2Q17, a 19.5% increase as compared to $240.6 million in 2Q16.
- The plastic surgery products include Natrelle breast augmentation products, silicone-filled implants, and saline-filled implants, as well as breast reconstruction products. The plastic surgery franchise reported revenues of $41.5 million during 2Q17 as compared to $40.3 million during 2Q16.
- Skincare products include Prevage and SkinMedica products. The skin care franchise reported revenues of $2.7 million during 2Q17.
- Other medical aesthetics products including Regenerative medicines and body contouring reported revenues of $3.6 million and $22.7 million, respectively, during 2Q17.
- Other therapeutics include urologic and neurosciences Botox products, Asacol, and Constella products. Botox therapeutics and other products reported revenues of $151.2 million during 2Q17, a 7.2% increase as compared to $141.1 million in 2Q16.
To divest the company-specific risks, investors can consider ETFs like the Fidelity MSCI Health Care ETF (FHLC), which holds 2.2% of its total assets in Allergan (AGN). FHLC also holds 1.8% in Biogen (BIIB), 3.2% in AbbVie (ABBV), and 5.6% in Pfizer (PFE).