uploads///revenue from operatig segments

How Did Rockwell Automation’s Operating Segments Fare in Fiscal 1Q17?

By

Dec. 4 2020, Updated 10:53 a.m. ET

Rockwell Automation’s operating segments

Rockwell Automation (ROK) reports its sales under two operating segments: Architecture & Software and Control Products & Solutions. In fiscal 1Q16, ROK’s Architecture & Software segmented accounted for ~45% of the company’s total sales and the remaining 55% of its sales were from its Control Products & Solutions segment.

Article continues below advertisement

Architecture & Software

For fiscal 1Q17, Rockwell Automation (ROK) reported $696 million in sales from its Architecture & Software segment compared to $643 million during fiscal 1Q16. This accounted for nearly 47% of the company’s total sales.

Notably, the company reported sales growth of 7.6% from continuing operations (organic growth) of its Architecture & Software segment on a YoY (year-over-year) basis. Sales from its strategic acquisitions increased 1.7% during the same period.

During fiscal 1Q17, company’s Architecture & Software segment witnessed an impact of 100 basis points from currency translation. Overall, the consolidated sales from ROK’s Architecture & Software segment rose 8.3% on a YoY basis.

Control Products & Solutions

Rockwell Automation reported $794 million in sales from its Control Products & Solutions segment in fiscal 1Q17 compared to $784 million during fiscal 1Q16. This accounted for nearly 53% of the company’s total sales. Notably, the company reported organic sales growth in the segment of 0.7% on a YoY basis. Sales from its strategic acquisitions rose 1.9% during the same period.

During fiscal 1Q17, ROK’s Control Products & Solutions segment witnessed an impact on its sales of 130 basis points from currency (UUP) translation. Overall, the consolidated sales from ROK’s Control Products & Solutions segment rose 1.3% on a YoY basis.

If you’re interested in trading in the industrials space, you can consider the Vanguard Industrials ETF (VIS) and the Industrial Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLI). Major holdings in VIS include General Electric (GE) with a weight of 12.3%, 3M (MMM) with a weight of 4.6%, and United Technologies (UTX) with a weight of 3.6%.

Next, we’ll look into Rockwell Automation’s regional sales figures for fiscal 1Q17.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist

  • CONNECT with Market Realist
  • Link to Facebook
  • Link to Twitter
  • Link to Instagram
  • Link to Email Subscribe
Market Realist Logo
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

© Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.