Ford Motor Company (F) has a market cap of $50.2 billion. It rose by 0.24% to close at $12.70 per share on September 7, 2016. The stock’s weekly, monthly, and year-to-date (or YTD) price movements were 1.2%, 4.3%, and -4.8%, respectively, on the same day.
Ford is trading 2.3% above its 20-day moving average, 0.06% above its 50-day moving average, and 0.43% below its 200-day moving average.
Related ETFs and peers
The Guggenheim Multi-Asset Income ETF (CVY) invests 0.88% of its holdings in Ford. The ETF tracks the Zacks Multi-Asset Income Index. The index aims to outperform the Dow Jones US Select Dividend Index using US stocks, ADRs, REITs, MLPs, CEFs, preferred stocks, and royalty trusts. The YTD price movement of CVY was 10.9% on September 7.
The First Trust Large Cap Value AlphaDex ETF (FTA) invests 0.83% of its holdings in Ford Motor Company. The ETF tracks an index that selects and weights value stocks from the S&P 500 Value Index using fundamental factors including sales, book value, and cash flows.
The market caps of Ford Motor’s competitors are as follows:
Ford’s sales in August 2016
Ford Motor Company (F) reported total vehicle sales of more than 214,000 units, which is a fall of 8.4% from August 2015. Below is a sales-by-brand breakdown:
- Ford brand reported sales of just over 205,000 units, which represents a fall of 9.0% from August 2015. This includes the Focus, Explorer, Escape, and F-Series trucks models, whose sales fell by 27.9%, 15.5%, 2.8%, and 6.1%, respectively. Sales of transit trucks rose by 16.9%.
- Lincoln brand reported sales of 9,243 units, which represents a rise of 7.0% from August 2015 and includes MKZ cars. MKX and SUV sales rose by 7.1% and 49.9%, respectively.
The following is a breakdown of Ford’s sales by type:
- Cars reported sales of ~52,000 units, which is a fall of 25.4% from August 2015.
- SUVs reported sales of nearly 74,000 units, which is a fall of 0.84% from August 2015.
- Trucks reported sales of over 88,000 units, which is a fall of 1.6% from August 2015.
The breakdown of sales in China is as follows:
- Ford and its joint ventures reported sales of 96,450 units, a rise of 22.0% from August 2015.
- Changan Ford Automobile (CAF) reported sales of 75,228 units, a rise of 26% from August 2015. CAF reported sales of 578,947 units year-to-date, a rise of 13.0% compared to the same period in the previous year.
- Jiangling Motor Corporation (JMC) reported sales of 19,951 units, a rise of 16% from August 2015. JMC reported sales of 159,213 units YTD, a fall of 3% compared to the same period in the previous year.
For an ongoing analysis of this sector, please visit Market Realist’s Consumer Discretionary page.