uploads///anr

What Analysts Recommend for Cheniere Energy after 2Q17 Earnings

By

Nov. 20 2020, Updated 4:47 p.m. ET

Analyst ratings for Cheniere Energy

In this part of the series, we’ll look at Wall Street analysts’ recommendations for Cheniere Energy (LNG), Cheniere Energy Partners (CQP), and Cheniere Energy Partners LP Holdings (CQH) after their 2Q17 earnings results. About 79.0% of analysts rate Cheniere Energy a “buy,” and the remaining 21.0% rate it a “hold” as of August 10, 2017. CQP and CQH have “buy” ratings from 46.2% and 55.6% of analysts surveyed by Reuters, respectively.

Article continues below advertisement

Recent downgrades

Cheniere Energy was last downgraded by Morgan Stanley from “overweight” to “equal weight,” which is equivalent to a “hold.” Overall, Cheniere Energy has seen three rating updates since the beginning of this year, including two new coverage initiations and one downgrade. CQP and CQH were recently downgraded by Barclays to “equal weight,” which is equivalent to a “hold.”

The average target price of $55.85 for Cheniere Energy implies a 35.5% price return from its August 10, 2017, closing price of $41.20.

For more such analyses on MLPs, you can refer to our Master Limited Partnerships page.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist

  • Honeywell sign
    Earnings Report
    CNBC Pro Stocks to Buy Before Q1 Earnings
  • Men walking by Morgan Stanley headquarters
    Financials
    Morgan Stanley’s (MS) Stock Forecast Before Q1 Earnings
  • Carnival cruise ship sailing
    Consumer
    Carnival's (CCL) Stock Forecast Before Q1 Business Update
  • GameStop store
    Consumer
    GME's Earnings Are Coming: Will It Be Mayday for Shorts or WallStreetBets?
  • CONNECT with Market Realist
  • Link to Facebook
  • Link to Twitter
  • Link to Instagram
  • Link to Email Subscribe
Market Realist Logo
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

© Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.