A brief overview of Enterprise Products Partners’ assets
EPCO, or Enterprise Products Company, is the general partner of Enterprise Products Partners (EPD). It also owns 35.3% of EPD’s limited partner interests. EPD is one of the largest MLPs. It’s a leading midstream service provider in the natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), crude oil, petrochemicals, and refined products sectors. EPD is a significant component of the Alerian MLP ETF (AMLP).
As of June 30, EPD’s assets include the following:
- 51,000 miles of onshore and offshore pipelines
- 200 million barrels (or MMBbls) of storage capacity for NGLs, petrochemicals, refined products, and crude oil
- 14 billion cubic feet (or Bcf) of natural gas storage capacity
- 24 natural gas processing plants
- 22 NGL and propylene fractionators
- 6 offshore hub platforms located in the Gulf of Mexico
- 1 butane isomerization complex
Plus, Enterprise Products Partners (EPD) operates a marine terminal on the Houston Ship Channel on the U.S. Gulf Coast that’s able to load propane and butane onto tanker vessels.
LPG mainly consists of natural gas liquids like propane and butane. LPG is used as a feedstock in ethylene plant operations and for power generation and heating.
Continue to the next part of this series to learn the financial structure of the acquisition deal.