Analysts’ estimates

Of the total 21 analysts who cover Domino’s Pizza (DPZ), 71.4% have given the stock “buy” recommendations, while 28.6% have given it “holds.” No analysts have given the stock “sell” recommendations. On average, analysts have given Domino’s a 12-month price target of $288.89, which represents a potential upside of 13.1% from its current price of $255.34 as of April 16.

On April 17, Morgan Stanley upgraded the stock to an “overweight” from an “equal-weight” rating and raised its price target from $268 to $283. Earlier, on March 19, JPMorgan Chase upgraded the stock from a “neutral” to an “overweight” while maintaining its price target at $270. Cowen also raised its price target from $290 to $295.

Analysts Favor a ‘Buy’ Rating ahead of Domino’s Q1 Earnings

Ready to put your morning scrolling to use? Sign up for Bagels & Stox, our witty take on the top market and investment news straight to your inbox! Whether you’re a serious investor or just want to be informed, Bagels & Stox will be your favorite email.

Peer comparison

Of the seven analysts following Papa John’s (PZZA), 71.4% have given the stock “buy” ratings, while the remaining 28.6% have given it “holds.” Analysts have given Papa John’s a 12-month price target of $53.33, implying a potential upside of 9.5% from its current price of $48.72.

Of the total 21 analysts that cover Yum! Brands (YUM), 38.1% have given it “buy” ratings, while 57.1% have given it “holds,” and 4.8% have given it “sells.” Analysts have given Yum! Brands a 12-month price target of $99.19, which represents a potential downside of 2.4% from its current price of $101.63.

Valuation multiple

The decline in Domino’s stock price since its announcement of its fourth-quarter earnings results has lowered its valuation multiple. On April 16, the company was trading at a forward PE multiple of 26.0x compared to its forward PE multiple of 29.2x before the announcement of its fourth-quarter earnings.

On the same day, Domino’s peers Papa John’s and Yum! Brands were trading at forward PE multiples of 39.5x and 25.7x, respectively.

Latest articles

On June 25, the soft economic data isn't an isolated case. We have been getting a flurry of dismal data points. The US economy added only 75,000 non-farm jobs in May.

French retail giant Carrefour has agreed to sell an 80% stake in its China operations for ~$705 million to Suning.com, an Alibaba (BABA) backed company. While China represents a massive opportunity with its almost 1.4 billion population, it has not been an easy market for foreign companies, at least when it comes to retail and e-commerce.

On June 25, US Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue told CNN in an interview that the US-China trade war has impacted US farmers. He said that farmers “are one of the casualties” of the trade war.

25 Jun

Hang Seng and Nikkei 225 Lose amid Trade Worries

WRITTEN BY Mayur Sontakke, CFA, FRM

After rising marginally yesterday, Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index fell today. The index lost 1.15% to end at 28,185.98. Only seven stocks in the index rose, while 39 declined. Four remained unchanged. Tencent Holdings (TCEHY) was one of the worst performers with a 1.8% fall.

Square (SQ) was absent from the list of the inaugural members of the Libra Association, the entity that will ensure that Facebook’s (FB) Libra cryptocurrency works as intended. Nearly 30 companies have joined the Libra Association.

Kroger (KR) stock fell 2.2% on June 20—the day the company announced its results for the first quarter, which ended on May 25. The negative sentiment for the stock continued.

172.31.38.64