Shire’s revenues

Analysts are expecting Shire (SHPG) to report a 3.3% growth in revenue when it reports its third-quarter earnings on November 1. The expectation is ~$3.82 billion compared to ~$3.7 billion for the third quarter of 2017.

Shire: Why Analysts Expect Revenue Growth in Q3 2018

The above chart compares the revenues for Shire since the first quarter of 2017.

Revenues estimates for Q3

Analysts expect third-quarter revenue growth to be driven by strong product sales, partially impacted by lower royalty revenues and other revenues.

Products in immunology, hematology, and neuroscience are expected to have positive growth YoY (year-over-year). Generic diseases, internal medicines, ophthalmic products, and oncology are also expected to see YoY growth. Established brands, however, could see a decline in revenues.

The Invesco International Dividend Achievers ETF (PID) holds 0.3% of its total investments in Shire (SHPG), 2% in Novartis (NVS), 2.3% in Sanofi (SNY), and 0.5% in Fresenius Medical Care (FMS).

Latest articles

Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett has spoken openly about his stock repurchasing strategy, calling it "simple arithmetic." How does he do it?

In a research note released yesterday, Apple (AAPL) analyst Ming Chi Kuo noted that more people from the US could choose the iPhone Pro than the iPhone 11.

Two Saudi Aramco crude oil facilities were attacked by Iran-backed Houthi rebels using drones. At 10:23 AM, Brent crude oil was trading up 11.2% at $67.

While tech stocks fell sharply in late 2018, they surged again in 2019. How could the market react if tech stocks post lower-than-expected earnings?

Today at 2:10 PM ET, the S&P 500 Index fell 0.3% as investors watched rising oil prices. The cannabis sector also fell today, as its ETFs traded in the red.

NVIDIA (NVDA) stock had fallen over 1% in today's trading session as of 10:50 AM ET. The stock was also down in premarket trading.