12 Sep

Analysts Rate Hasbro a ‘Buy’ but Remain on Sidelines for Mattel

WRITTEN BY Victoria Dean

Hasbro is a “buy”

Of the 16 analysts covering Hasbro (HAS) stock, 63.0% recommended a “buy” while 31.0% recommended a “hold.” There have been two price revision activities for Hasbro stock in the past 30 days.

On August 15, MKM Partners increased the price target for HAS stock to $115.00 from $92.00. It also raised its rating to “buy” from “neutral.” Consumer Edge Research commenced coverage with an “overweight” rating and a price target of $115.00. The 12-month average target price for Hasbro is $109.79, which reflects an 8.1% upside to its price on September 11.

Analysts Rate Hasbro a ‘Buy’ but Remain on Sidelines for Mattel

Hasbro is expanding its international presence, especially in emerging markets. It’s also focusing on new products and digital gaming, including immersive experiences. Hasbro expects to be negatively affected in the near term by the Toys “R” Us dissolution and retail inventory troubles in Europe.

Why a “hold” for Mattel?

Of the 16 analysts covering Mattel (MAT) stock on September 11, 75.0% recommended a “hold,” 19.0% recommended a “buy,” and 6.0% recommended a “sell.”

There has been just one price revision activity for MAT stock in the past 30 days. On August 16, UBS cut its price target to $16.00 from $18.00. The 12-month average target price for MAT is $15.35, which reflects a 2.7% downside.

Like Hasbro, Mattel also expects to be negatively affected in the near term by the Toys “R” Us bankruptcy. Also, Mattel expects soft business trends in China along with unfavorable foreign exchange movements to subdue its growth.

Analysts’ ratings for other toy companies

Of the four analysts covering Jakks Pacific (JAKK) stock, 75.0% rated it as a “hold” while 25.0% rated it as a “buy.” The 12-month average target price for JAKK stock is $2.56, which reflects a 2.4% upside.

About 84.0% of the 19 analysts covering Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) stock gave it a “buy” rating. The remaining 16.0% of analysts gave it a “hold” rating. The 12-month average target price for TTWO stock is $137.95, which reflects a 3.0% upside.

Latest articles

Goldman Sachs (GS) settled a lawsuit that alleged it rigged bond prices. Also, Deutsche Bank agreed to pay a fine of $15 million to settle a lawsuit.

In the November 15 premarket trading session, Amarin Corporation (AMRN) stock rose more than 7%, caused by the FDA positive decision for Vascepa.

In the November 14 trading session, Aurora Cannabis (ACB) stock fell 12.7% from the previous session during after-hours trading.

Strategy Analytics reported that Apple could lead the 5G smartphone market in 2020, outshining Samsung—the current leader in the global 5G market.

This week has been tough for the cannabis sector. Cronos Group and Canopy Growth reported lower-than-expected earnings, and the sector ETFs dropped.

Yesterday, Argus Research upgraded Uber stock from “hold” to “buy.” Let's look at Uber and Lyft’s recent analyst rating changes.