31 Jul

What Analysts Recommend for Hologic ahead of Third-Quarter Results

WRITTEN BY Sarah Collins

Analysts’ recommendations

Hologic (HOLX), a leading women’s health technology player, will release its fiscal third-quarter earnings results on July 31 after markets close. In Q2 2018, the company met analysts’ estimates but lowered its fiscal 2018 guidance. The stock fell more than 9% following the results. Many analysts covering Hologic cut their target prices on HOLX stock in the following days. In this article, we’ll look at Hologic’s recent recommendations and 12-month target prices from Wall Street analysts.

What Analysts Recommend for Hologic ahead of Third-Quarter Results

As of July 30, Reuters reported that of the 19 analysts covering Hologic, ~63% have a “buy” or “strong buy” rating on HOLX stock. The remaining ~37% of analysts recommend a “hold.” None of the analysts have a “sell” rating on the company. The above chart shows Hologic’s recommendation summary over the last few months.

Target prices

On July 30, Hologic had a consensus 12-month target price of $44.06 per share. This target price represents a 12-month return potential of 3.7% based on the stock’s closing price of $42.48 on July 27.

On July 30, the analysts’ consensus target prices on peers GE Healthcare (GE), Varian Medical Systems (VAR), and Royal Philips (PHG) for the next 12 months were $17.11, $122, and $47.87, respectively. These prices represent potential returns of ~31%, ~6.9%, and ~8.1%, respectively, for the next 12 months.

Recommendation revisions and updates

On July 27, Canaccord Genuity increased its target price on Hologic stock from $39 to $42. On July 10, Cowen and Company raised its target price on Hologic from $42 to $44. In the next article, we’ll look at analysts’ estimates for Hologic in Q3 2018.

Be sure to check out all the data we’ve added to our quote pages. Now you can get a valuation snapshot, earnings and revenue estimates, historical data, and dividend information. Take a look!

Latest articles

Tortoise Capital Advisors bought 9.5 million Kinder Morgan shares in Q3. That was the biggest addition among the company’s top 10 institutional investors.

Although near-term weakness exists in the cannabis stocks, we expect Cannabis 2.0 products or cannabis-derived products could act as a catalyst.

The US, Saudi Arabia, and Russia are the world’s top three crude oil producers. Let’s take a look at the world’s top oil players by production volumes.

Tesla’s Model Y is gearing up to enter the EV market next summer. Ford heated up this space with its announcement of the Mustang Mach-E launch in late 2020.

Yesterday, Comcast (CMCSA) rose 0.5% and closed at $44.81, with a market capitalization of $203.9 billion. But can you expect a further rise?

Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is one of the best-performing semiconductor stocks of 2019, beating 100% year-to-date growth.