TransEnterix

TransEnterix (TRXC) is a US-based medical device company that focuses on digitizing the interfaces between the surgeon and the patient. The stock price increased ~5.6% and closed at $3.75 on June 1. The stock rose ~3.2% to $3.87 in the pre-market session on June 4.

TransEnterix Stock Rose 5.6% on Friday and Early on June 4

The above chart shows analysts’ recommendations for TransEnterix in the past 12 months. On May 31, TransEnterix announced that Louisiana State University Health New Orleans School of Medicine purchased the Senhance Surgical System, which was developed by TransEnterix. TransEnterix’s stock price has increased ~623.8% in the past 12 months. So far, the stock has increased 94.3% in 2018.

Senhance Surgical System

The Senhance Surgical System was designed to assist surgeons in performing minimally invasive surgery. The system is installed at the University Medical Center in New Orleans. The surgeon controls small surgical instruments through multiple robotic arms. There’s a small scope that tracks the surgeon’s eye movement.

According to a press release, the Louisiana State University Health New Orleans School of Medicine plans to start a digital laparoscopy program using the Senhance Surgical System.

Analysts’ recommendations

As of June 4, there are five analysts tracking TransEnterix stock. Two analysts recommended a “strong buy,” one analyst recommended a “buy,” and two analysts recommended a “hold.” None of the analysts recommended a “sell.” Analysts expect 5.9% growth in TransEnterix stock in the next 12 months with a target price of $4.13 per share—compared to the closing price of $3.75 per share on June 1.

The consensus rating for TransEnterix is 2.0, which represents a “buy” for momentum investors and long-term growth investors.

Notably, the SPDR Portfolio Small Cap ETF (SPSM) holds 0.01% of its total investments in TransEnterix, 0.02% in Utah Medical Products (UTMD), 0.02% in Fate Therapeutics (FATE), and 0.02% in Surgery Partners (SGRY).

Latest articles

German chip maker Infineon Technologies has reportedly raised 1.55 billion euros (~$1.74 billion) in capital by selling its shares to fund its acquisition of Cypress Semiconductor (CY). Infineon has sold ~113 million new shares at 13.70 euros each.

As of June 18, Dunkin’ Brands (DNKN) was trading at $80.07, an 8.9% rise since reporting its first-quarter earnings on May 2. Also, DNKN was trading at a premium of 29.8% from its 52-week low of $61.69 and a discount of 1.6% from its 52-week high of $81.40.

19 Jun

Are Lower Oil Prices Weighing on ExxonMobil Stock?

WRITTEN BY Maitali Ramkumar

ExxonMobil (XOM) stock has fallen 7.1% in the second quarter so far. Let's review ExxonMobil's stock performance in comparison to oil price changes and equity market movements in the quarter.

19 Jun

As Facebook Unveils Libra, MSFT and CRM Join a Blockchain Group

WRITTEN BY Mayur Sontakke, CFA, FRM

On June 18, Facebook (FB) launched Libra, its own cryptocurrency. On the same day, CoinDesk published another piece of blockchain news that didn’t receive as much fanfare as Facebook’s Libra news. Was the timing a coincidence? We think not.

Uber Technologies (UBER) has picked Melbourne as another test site for its flying taxi service known as UberAir. The Australian city is the first international test site Uber has chosen for its flying taxi service. The addition of Melbourne brings the number of test locations Uber has picked for its UberAir service to three.

Lyft (LYFT) and Uber Technologies (UBER) are pushing back against California legislation that would require them to recognize their drivers as employees rather than independent contractors. The legislation would require companies like Lyft to give their drivers the compensation and benefits spelled out under California’s employment regulations.

172.31.38.64