Major economic indicators
The major developed markets’ economic indicators released in the first week of May include the following:
- The US’s (SPY) final manufacturing PMI
- The UK’s (EWU) final manufacturing PMI
- Japan’s final manufacturing PMI
- Eurozone’s (EZU) final manufacturing PMI
- Germany’s (EWG) final manufacturing PMI
- France’s final manufacturing PMI
- Spain’s final manufacturing PMI
Investors can get a detailed idea about an economy’s manufacturing sector from this manufacturing PMI report. Various policymakers use this report to understand the conditions of the manufacturing industry in an economy, which also supports the policymaking process.
In this series, we’ll take a look at April’s manufacturing PMI report of the major developed nations: the US, Japan, the UK, Spain, Europe, France, and Germany. In April, major equity indexes in the United States remained flat. There were no huge movements in the markets.
Among the major developed market indexes, the S&P 500 Index, the FTSE 100 Index, and the CAC 40 Index rose 0.3%, 6.4%, and 6.8%, respectively, in April.
In the next part of this series, we’ll analyze the performance of the US final manufacturing PMI for April.