9 Jan

Examining Incyte’s Quarterly Revenue Trend

WRITTEN BY Mike Benson

Incyte’s revenue

As we discussed earlier, Incyte (INCY) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of oncology drugs. The company’s consolidated revenue rose ~41.6% to $381.5 million in 3Q17 compared to $269.5 million in 3Q16.

In 3Q17, the company reported a net income of $36.1 million compared to its net income of $36.9 million in 3Q16.

Examining Incyte’s Quarterly Revenue Trend

The above chart compares Incyte’s revenues over the last few quarters. Analysts expect Incyte to report revenue of $413.8 million in 4Q17. We’ll discuss a revenue breakup and other details, including the company’s royalty revenue and contract revenue, later in the series.

Product portfolio

The products in Incyte’s portfolio include Iclusig, Jakafi/Jakavi, and Olumiant. Incyte’s revenue sources include revenue from Iclusig (ponatinib) sales in European markets, Jakafi (ruxolitinib) sales in US markets, and royalties from Jakavi (ruxolitinib) and Olumiant (baricitinib) sales.

Iclusig

Iclusig (ponatinib) is a drug for the treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia and Philadelphia-chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia in patients who aren’t responsive to other tyrosine kinase inhibitors.

In June 2016, Incyte acquired the exclusive licensing for Iclusig from Ariad Pharmaceuticals for the drug’s development and commercialization in Europe and other selected countries. In 3Q17, Iclusig sales were $18.1 million compared to $12.7 million in 3Q16.

Jakafi/Jakavi

Jakafi (ruxolitinib) is a drug for the treatment of rare types of blood cancer such as polycythemia vera and myelofibrosis. Incyte holds the rights for the commercialization of Jakafi in US markets, while Novartis (NVS) has acquired the rights for Jakafi for sale outside US markets, where the drug is marketed as Jakavi. In 3Q17, Jakafi’s net revenue was $303.9 million compared to $223.9 million in 3Q16.

Olumiant

Olumiant (baricitinib) is a once-daily JAK inhibitor for active rheumatoid arthritis. Eli Lilly and Company (LLY) holds the development and commercialization rights for Olumiant (baricitinib) across the globe. Incyte received royalties of $3.2 million from Eli Lilly for Olumiant sales in 3Q17.

The Vanguard Health Care ETF (VHT) holds 0.5% of its total investments in Incyte, 2.3% in Eli Lilly, 2.8% in Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), and 4.1% in Merck & Co. (MRK).

Latest articles

Broadcom (AVGO) stock fell ~8.5% after markets closed yesterday following the semiconductor giant's fiscal 2019 second-quarter earnings release. It missed analysts' revenue estimate and cut its fiscal 2019 revenue guidance by $2 billion to $22.5 billion due to sluggishness in its semiconductor solutions business.

The SPDR Gold Shares ETF (GLD), which tracks physical gold prices, has underperformed the broader markets year-to-date, rising just 4.4% compared to the S&P 500’s (SPY) gain of 15.9% as of June 14. The sentiment for gold, however, has been turning around.

Safe havens such as Treasuries and gold were back in favor on June 14 as stocks fell due to rising tensions in the Middle East, concerns over growth, and the looming threat of the US-China trade war. The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite Index fell 0.67% in the first hour of trading.

Lululemon (LULU) stock rose 2.1% on June 13 in reaction to better-than-expected first-quarter results and an upgraded outlook for fiscal 2019 overall. The company's first-quarter adjusted EPS grew 34.5% to $0.74 on revenue growth of 20.4% to $782.32 million. Analysts had expected EPS of $0.70 and revenue of $755.31 million. Here's why the outlook got an upgrade.

14 Jun

IEA Again Slashes Its Oil Demand Growth Estimate

WRITTEN BY Rabindra Samanta

As of 4:40 AM Eastern Time today, US crude oil active futures were at $51.83, ~4% below their closing level in the previous week. If US crude oil prices stay at those levels today, they'll mark their third week of decline in five weeks.

Amazon is discontinuing its Amazon Restaurants service, which has been delivering food for restaurants in parts of the United States. Amazon Restaurants launched in the United States in 2015 and entered the British market the following year. However, it met strong opposition in the British market.

172.31.16.229