Key economic indicators
Below are some important global indicators released in the past week. These economic indicators are important for investors since they show the short-term market trend.
- US (QQQ) inflation
- US (SPY) (SPX-INDEX) retail sales
- UK (EWU) inflation
- Eurozone (IEV) (VGK) inflation
- Eurozone (N100-INDEX) ZEW Economic Sentiment Index
- Germany (EWG) ZEW Economic Sentiment Index
- Germany’s Ifo Business Climate Index
- Eurozone consumer confidence
- China’s (FXI) (YINN) retail sales
- United Kingdom’s 3Q17 GDP
In this series, we’ll analyze US inflation, UK inflation, and Eurozone inflation for November 2017. The inflation figures for these three economies are showing gradually improving figures. Inflation figures are also important for central banks since they take a stance on key interest rates according to inflation and the condition of the labor market.
We’ll also look at US retail sales and China’s retail sales in November 2017. Then we’ll analyze the performance of the Eurozone Economic Sentiment Index, the Germany Economic Sentiment Index, and the United Kingdom’s GDP growth in 3Q17.
Let’s start by analyzing US inflation for November 2017.