There are some important global economic indicators that investors should watch this week.
- US (QQQ) (SPY) Flash Manufacturing PMI (Purchasing Manufacturers’ Index)
- US (IWM) (SPX-INDEX) Flash Services PMI
- Eurozone (EZU) (N100-INDEX) Flash Manufacturing PMI
- Eurozone Flash Services PMI
- Germany (EWG) (DAX-INDEX) Flash Manufacturing PMI
- France (EWQ) Flash Manufacturing PMI
- Japan (EWJ) Flash Manufacturing PMI
- UK (EWU) Flash Manufacturing PMI
Performance of the global market
The flash manufacturing PMIs are economic indicators that show the market’s preliminary expectation for the manufacturing PMI for November 2017. These manufacturing PMI reports generally indicate how manufacturing is trending.
The performance of the global market depends on the performance of the above indicators and the performance of the major emerging market economic indicators. The iShares MSCI ACWI (ACWI) and the Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF (VTI), which tracks the performance of the global market, have risen 1.5% and 1.3%, respectively, so far in November 2017 as of November 24, 2017.
You may also be interested in reading Mario Gabelli on Tax Reform, Markets, and Fiscal Policy.