Important economic indicators investors should watch this week are:
- US (IWM) flash manufacturing PMI (purchasing managers’ index)
- German (EWG) flash manufacturing PMI
- UK (EWU) flash manufacturing PMI
- France (EWQ) flash manufacturing PMI
- Eurozone (EZU) (VGK) flash manufacturing PMI
- US flash services PMI
- Germany flash services PMI
- Eurozone flash services PMI
Importance of manufacturing and services PMI
Both the manufacturing and services PMIs are important for the economy. These PMI reports indicate the performance of the manufacturing sector and service sector. These two sectors play an important role in all economies. Thus, it’s important for investors to keep an eye on these indicators. Global investors should also look at both emerging market (EEM) and developed market (EFA) indicators.
Performance of global ETFs
The iShares MSCI All Country World Index ETF (ACWI), which tracks the performance of the global economy, has risen nearly 2% so far in October 2017. The Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF (VTI) also rose 2.4% during the same period.
You may also be interested to read Why Dan Loeb Is Bullish on the US Stock Market.