There are several important economic indicators to watch for on the horizon:
- UK (EWU) retail sales
- US weekly crude oil (USO) inventories
- German (EWG) flash manufacturing PMI (purchasing managers’ index)
- Eurozone (EZU) (HEDJ) flash manufacturing PMI
- Japan flash manufacturing PMI
- US (SPY) (IVV) flash manufacturing PMI
Performance of ACWI
The performance of the iShares MSCI ACWI (ACWI) depends on the performances of the above-mentioned global indicators. It’s important to track the performances of these indicators to identify the movement of the global market.
The most important indicators for this week are the UK retail sales PMI and global flash manufacturing PMIs. The rise in UK retail sales is important to know when gauging consumer behavior. Global flash manufacturing PMIs are important to know because they reflect manufacturing activity in the economy.
You may also be interested in reading Gross on Rising US Credit Level: Lehman Brothers, Anyone?