6 Dec

Is There Still Hope for the Dakota Access Pipeline?

WRITTEN BY Kurt Gallon

Donald Trump supports the Dakota Access Pipeline

Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) and Sunoco Logistics Partners (SXL) still hope to complete the Bakken Pipeline project. Investors and other stakeholders expect Donald Trump to reverse the decision announced by President Obama’s administration. Donald Trump indicated his support for the Dakota Access Pipeline before the announcement of the easement denial. Donald Trump’s team reiterated its support for completing the pipeline following the permit denial. A few US energy industry groups also support providing the Dakota Access Pipeline permit.

Is There Still Hope for the Dakota Access Pipeline?

Analysts’ ratings 

It’s important to note that 81.0% of the analysts surveyed by Reuters rate Energy Transfer Partners as a “buy” and the remaining 19.0% rate it as a “hold.” For Energy Transfer Equity (ETE), 65.0% of the analysts surveyed rate it as a “buy” and the remaining 35.0% rate it as a “hold.” For Sunoco Logistics Partners, 59.0% of the analysts surveyed rate it as a “buy,” 36.0% rate it as a “hold,” and the remaining 5.0% rate it as a “sell.” Recently, Sunoco Logistics Partners was upgraded by RBC Capital Markets from “sector perform” to “outperform,” which is equivalent to “buy.” For a recent company analysis on Sunoco Logistics Partners, read Checking in with Sunoco Logistics after Its Merger Announcement.

Latest articles

In April 2020, Comcast’s NBCUniversal unit plans to launch Peacock, its streaming video service. Its 15,000 hours of programming should include The Office.

An expanding vehicle population offers more opportunities for investors aftermarket in the specialty car equipment industry.

The semiconductor sector saw some mixed earnings in the third quarter, and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is worth a closer look.

Roku’s third-quarter earnings results beat Wall Street’s expectations but still caused the stock to drop 16%. Is its competition really a threat?

The slowdown in the world’s largest auto market, China, is affecting electric vehicle companies worldwide. And it's probably going to last.

Tyson Foods (TSN) reported lower-than-expected sales and earnings for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019, yet the stock is in the green.