Incyte’s Jakafi and its collaborations
Incyte’s (INCY) Jakafi is distributed in US markets through its network of specialty pharmacy providers and wholesalers for direct delivery to patients and pharmacies. The distribution model for US markets is well established and familiar to physicians in the oncology field.
For outside the US markets, Incyte has entered into a collaboration with Novartis (NVS) for the development and commercialization of Jakafi. Novartis sells Jakafi under the name Jakavi. Incyte gets royalties on the sale of Jakavi outside the United States.
Other collaborations and developments
Below are some of Incyte’s other collaborations and developments.
- Incyte acquired Ariad Pharmaceuticals’ (ARIA) European operations in June 2016.
- Incyte also received exclusive development and commercialization rights for Ariad Pharmaceuticals’ drug Iclusig for the European Union and 22 other countries in June 2016.
- Incyte entered into an agreement with Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine in September 2015 for exclusive worldwide development and commercialization rights of the drug SHR-1210, excluding the regions of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau.
- Incyte and Agenus entered into a license, development, and commercialization agreement in January 2015 for the discovery of novel immune therapeutics using Agenus’s proprietary Retrocyte Display antibody discovery platform.
- Eli Lilly (LLY) has received exclusive global rights for the drug baricitinib, a Janus kinase inhibitor. The drug is currently in the pivotal stage for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and in clinical studies for the treatment of atopic dermatitis.
To avoid the risk, you can consider investing in ETFs such as the iShares Morningstar Mid-Cap Growth (JKH), which holds ~1% of its total assets in Incyte.