Price movement of Ford Motor
Ford Motor (F) has a market cap of $52.1 billion. It rose by 1.1% to close at $13.26 per share on June 17, 2016. The stock’s weekly, monthly, and YTD (year-to-date) price movements were 1.2%, 0.76%, and -1.6%, respectively, that day. This means that F is trading 0.37% above its 20-day moving average, 0.23% above its 50-day moving average, and 1.1% above its 200-day moving average.
Related ETF and peers
The Guggenheim Multi-Asset Income ETF (CVY) invests 0.95% of its holdings in Ford Motor. The ETF tracks the Zacks Multi-Asset Income Index. The index aims to outperform the Dow Jones US Select Dividend Index using US stocks, ADRs (American depositary receipts), REITs, MLPs, CEFs (closed-end funds), preferred stocks, and royalty trusts. The YTD price movement of CVY was 4.0% on June 17, 2016.
The market caps of Ford Motor’s competitors are as follows:
Ford Motor’s ratings
Ford Motor is planning to use an extra week from its two-week summer shutdown at three SUV (sport utility vehicle) plants to meet the increased demand. It will produce another 22,000 SUVs at factories in Louisville, Kentucky, Oakville, Ontario, and Chicago, Illinois.
Sales in May 2016
In May 2016, Ford (F) reported total vehicles sales of 235,997 units, which represents a fall of 5.9% from May 2015.
- The Ford brand reported sales of 226,190 units, a fall of 6.4% from May 2015. This includes F-Series and transit truck sales, which rose by 9.0% and 16.4%, respectively.
- The Lincoln brand reported sales of 9,807 units, a rise of 6.9% over May 2015.
Ford’s sales by vehicle type are as follows:
- cars: 67,315 units, a fall of 25.0% from May 2015
- utilities: 78,006 units, a rise of 0.3% over May 2015
- trucks: 90,676 units, a rise of 8.9% over May 2015
Sales of Ford Motor China
- Ford Motor China reported total vehicle sales of 88,248 units, a fall of 2.5% from May 2015.
- It reported YTD (January–May 2016) total vehicle sales of 479,542, a rise of 4.9% over the prior year.
- Changan Ford Automobile (CAF), Ford’s passenger car joint venture, reported YTD sales of 370,268 units, a rise of 11.2% over the prior year.
- Imported vehicles reported YTD sales of 7,111 units, a fall of 42.4% from the prior year.
- Jiangling Motors (JMC), Ford’s commercial vehicle investment in China, reported YTD sales of 102,163 units, a fall of 8.6% from the prior year.
In the next part of this series, we’ll discuss Autoliv.