Top SPY stocks
The stocks at the top of the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY) in yesterday’s trade were Consol Energy (CNX), Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC), and Ameren Corporation (AEE). These stocks rose 3.5%, 3.3%, and 2.4%, respectively. Consol Energy (CNX) is the only stock from the energy sector that is into coal and consumable fuels. The stock was upgraded from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating by the analysts at Deutsche Bank (DB).
Technical snapshot of Consol Energy
• Consol Energy (CNX) is a volatile stock with a beta value of 1.3.
• The trailing-one-year return of CNX is -80.5%.
• The stock closed yesterday’s trading session at $6.90, which was quite lower than its moving averages. Its 100-day, 50-day, and 20-day moving averages are $11, $8, and $7, respectively. This suggests a falling trend for CNX.
• Analysts’ stock price target for CNX is $13.47, implying growth potential of 95%.
• The stock has earned 10 “buy,” one “sell,” and 12 “hold” recommendations. Standard & Poor’s has given the stock a BB rating with a “stable” outlook.
Stocks at the bottom of SPY in yesterday’s trade were Genworth Financial (GNW), Freeport-McMoRan (FCX), and Williams Companies (WMB). These stocks fell 8.8%, 8.5%, and 8.2%, respectively. Genworth Financial (GNW) was one of the stocks that rose on Wednesday, December 16, but experienced a sell-off yesterday as investors consolidated their gains.
For more on US equities, visit our page US Equity ETFs page.