Effective Date: March 1, 2013
Last updated: March 1, 2013
In order to provide you with our content, including Market Realist articles, commentary, market analysis, we may request that you provide us with your first and last name, and e-mail address. We may request that you provide us with additional User Information from time to time.
In the event that you contact us for customer support through the Site, we may also request that you provide additional User Information relevant to the support requested by you. You are under no obligation to provide such information. However, we cannot guarantee that we can provide customer support in the event that relevant information related to the use of our products or services is withheld. We may retain communications relating to customer support, and/or information drawn from such communications, for statistical and/or reference purposes.
In the event that we decide to operate a user forum via the Site, and you decide to participate in that forum, any personal private and/or confidential information that you elect to disclose to other users on the forum shall be disclosed voluntarily and at your own risk. Such disclosures shall not be considered User Information, and we are not responsible for maintaining the security of any information so disclosed.
In the event that we decide to allow you to create a public profile via the site that is visible to other users, any personal private and/or confidential information that you elect to disclose to other users in your public profile shall be disclosed voluntarily and at your own risk. Such disclosures shall not be considered User Information, and we are not responsible for maintaining the security of any information so disclosed.
The Company’s web server records visitor IP addresses and domain names for reporting and site usage analysis. This information is reported internally and then purged periodically.
Use and Sharing of User Information
User Information may be compiled into user profiles that are maintained by Company (or by third party services used by the Company to manage customer information), and may be used for the following purposes:
- To send you an e-mail communication for the purposes of validating your registration with the Site
- To verify the information that you have provided during registration in order to verify your qualifications to access the Site
- To send you information about Company, product updates, special offers, and newsletters
- To provide customer support for Company products and services
- To initiate or to respond to a subpoena, investigative demand, or other discovery request that is properly served pursuant to state or federal law
- To take actions necessary to protect and/or to defend Company’s rights and property (including intellectual property)
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site
User Information may be shared with:
- Third party services that we use to manage customer information
- Third parties with whom we partner to enhance the products or services that we provide
- Third parties for the purpose of verifying your qualifications to access the Site
- Government agencies (including courts and law enforcement agencies)
- Parties to civil or criminal litigation or arbitration (including arbitrators and/or mediators involved in litigation or arbitration)
We will not provide User Information to third parties used to manage customer information, or with whom we partner to enhance products or services, unless we receive assurances from such third party that it (1) will not use or disclose User Information for purposes of solicitation or direct marketing, and (2) will keep User Information secure using methods comparable to, or more secure than, the security methods used by Company. However, we do not control third parties, and we assume no liability in the event that a third party breaches its promises regarding confidentiality. We encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you suspect that your User Information has been compromised by a third party.
To the extent that you provide User Information to us concerning third parties, including information regarding your employer, that information will be subject to the same conditions as set forth above.
Information Obtained from Children Under 13 Years of Age
(A) a first and last name;
(B) a home or other physical address including street name and name of a city or town;
(C) an e-mail address;
(D) a telephone number;
(E) a Social Security number;
(F) any other identifier that the Federal Trade Commission shall determine permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual; or
(G) information concerning a Junior User or the parent or legal guardian of that Junior User that Company collects online from the Junior User and combines with an identifier described in (A) through (F) above.
Upon request of the parent or legal guardian of a Junior User, Company will, upon verification of the identity of the parent, provide the parent or legal guardian:
- a description of the specific types of Personal Information collected from the Junior User
- any Personal Information collected from the Junior User
The parent or legal guardian of a Junior User may request the information described above by contacting Company by mail at Market Realist Inc. 447 Broadway, 2nd Floor New York, NY 10013, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Upon request of the parent or legal guardian of a Junior User, Company will cease to use, or to maintain in retrievable form, any Personal Information collected from that Junior User, and will not collect any further Personal Information from that Junior User. Upon such a request, Company reserves the right to terminate the registration of the Junior User, and/or terminate and/or limit the Junior User’s access to the Site.
Company does not condition participation by Junior Users in any game, opportunity to win a prize, or other activity, upon the Junior User disclosing more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.
Company has established and maintains procedures to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of the Personal Information collected from Junior Users, just as it protects the User Information provided by all of its users. The methods used to protect this information are described below.
Company reserves the right to collect, to use, and to disclose Personal Information as and when necessary:
- to protect the security or integrity of the Site;
- to take precautions against liability;
- to respond to judicial process; or
- to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
Right to Review, Correct and Delete User Information
If you provide us with User Information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the User Information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in User Information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your User Information not be used to contact you
- To request that your User Information be removed from any solicitation list that we use
- To request that your User Information be deleted from our records
- To opt out of being solicited by the Company or by third parties
If you request that your User Information be deleted from our records, there may be a brief delay in our processing that request while we verify that the request is valid and originates from you as opposed to an unauthorized third party. If you request that your User Information be deleted, we reserve the right to terminate and/or limit your access to the Site. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No method of safeguarding information is 100% secure. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect User Information from unauthorized and improper access, use, disclosure, modification, and destruction. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities.
Within the Company, we restrict access to User Information to individuals who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our products or services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Links to Other Sites
Third Party Advertisers
Changes to Policy
Enforcement of This Privacy Statement
If you have questions regarding this statement, you should first contact us at email@example.com. If you do not receive acknowledgement of your inquiry or we have not addressed your inquiry to your satisfaction, you should then contact us via our web form at http://marketrealist.com/contact/.
We welcome your comments regarding this privacy statement. If you have questions about this statement or believe that we have not adhered to it, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our address is:
Market Realist Inc.
New York, NY 10013