As of April 19, 2017, McDonald’s was trading at a PE multiple of 21.1x, as compared to 19.9x before the announcement of its 4Q16 earnings.
In 4Q16, McDonald’s company-owned restaurant sales made up 60.6% of total revenues, while the remaining 39.4% came from its franchisees.
Analysts are expecting McDonald’s (MCD) to post EBIT of $1.84 billion in 1Q17, which represents an EBIT margin of 33.3%, as compared to 30.1% in 1Q16.
Since the announcement of 4Q16 earnings on January 23, 2017, McDonald’s stock has risen 8.5%.
Netflix (NFLX) has maintained that it intends to spend $6.0 billion on content and produce 1,000 hours of original programming in 2017.
The majority of the analysts—around 55%—continue to recommend a “hold” for Under Armour’s stock, while 27% suggest buying it.
Under Armour’s (UAA) gross margin fell 160 basis points to 46.5% in fiscal 2016, and its gross margin took the worst hit in the fourth quarter of 2016.
Under Armour’s (UAA) margins have been under pressure for the past several quarters, with its gross margin declining for the past seven.
Under Armour (UAA) was among the worst performers on the S&P 500 Index (SPY) in 2016, losing 30% of its value during the year.
While UAA’s top-line growth spree came to a halt in 4Q16 on weakness in North America, in overseas markets, UAA continued to show momentum.
UAA’s top line expanded 22% YoY (year-over-year) in fiscal 2016 to $4.8 billion, as compared to its 30% average top-line growth between fiscal 2011 to fiscal 2015.
Baltimore-based Under Armour (UAA) is slated to report its results for the 1Q17 on Thursday, April 27, 2017.
22 Wall Street analysts cover Procter & Gamble (PG) stock. They’ve rated the stock a 2.4 on a scale of one (strong buy) to five (strong sell).
As of April 18, Procter & Gamble (PG) was trading at a 12-month forward PE (price-to-earnings) ratio of 22.8x.
Analysts expect Procter & Gamble (PG) to post revenue of $15.7 billion in fiscal 3Q17, a YoY (year-over-year) decline of 0.3%.
In fiscal 2Q17, Procter & Gamble witnessed an 80-basis-point rise in its gross margin.
On average, analysts expect the company to report adjusted EPS (earnings per share) of $0.94, representing a YoY (year-over-year) growth of 9.3%.
Procter & Gamble stock has risen about 8.0% on a YTD basis as of April 18.
In 1Q17, analysts are expecting Panera Bread (PNRA) to post EPS (earnings per share) of $1.84, which represents growth of 17.8% from $1.56 in 1Q16.
On April 5, 2017, JAB Holdings had offered to buy Panera Bread for $7.5 billion.