X
<

Quarterly Results Roundup: MLPs' Performance in 3Q17

PART:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Part 8
Quarterly Results Roundup: MLPs' Performance in 3Q17 PART 8 OF 14

What Led to Enbridge Energy Partners’ Lower Earnings in 3Q17

Earnings in 3Q17

Enbridge Energy Partners (EEP), a subsidiary of Enbridge (ENB), saw its EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortization) fall 6.7% to $426 million in 3Q17 from $457 million in 3Q16. However, the partnership beat its 3Q17 EBITDA estimate by 5.5%.

The YoY (year-over-year) fall in the partnership’s 3Q17 EBITDA was mainly due to its natural gas business divestment, sale of the Ozark pipeline system, and throughput volume decline along the North Dakota system. Following the divestment of its natural gas business, the partnership will now focus solely on its liquids business.

What Led to Enbridge Energy Partners&#8217; Lower Earnings in 3Q17

Interested in EEP? Don't miss the next report.

Receive e-mail alerts for new research on EEP

Success! You are now receiving e-mail alerts for new research. A temporary password for your new Market Realist account has been sent to your e-mail address.

Success! has been added to your Ticker Alerts.

Success! has been added to your Ticker Alerts. Subscriptions can be managed in your user profile.

Distribution in 3Q17

EEP declared a flat distribution of $0.35 per unit for the third quarter. The partnership’s 3Q17 distribution represents a 40% YoY fall from 3Q16. Based on its recent distribution, EEP is currently trading at a high distribution yield of 9.7%. EEP’s distributable cash flow fell 9.8% to $193.6 million in 3Q17 from $214.7 million in 3Q16, driving its distribution coverage lower.

Analysts’ recommendations

Of the analysts covering Enbridge Energy Partners, 81.8% had recommended “hold” and the remaining 18.2% had recommended “buy” as of November 8. EEP was downgraded by Morgan Stanley to “equal-weight,” which is equivalent to “hold,” in June 2017. EEP is currently trading below the low range ($16) of analysts’ target price. EEP’s average target price of $18.40 implies a 27% potential upside based on its current price.

X

Please select a profession that best describes you: