X
<

GlaxoSmithKline’s Latest Developments and Valuation

PART:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Part 5
GlaxoSmithKline’s Latest Developments and Valuation PART 5 OF 9

Quarterly Performance for GlaxoSmithKline’s HIV Business

ViiV Healthcare

ViiV Healthcare is a global specialist company in HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) medicines. It develops and delivers advanced treatments for patients with HIV infections. Viiv Healthcare has GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) as a major shareholder.

Quarterly Performance for GlaxoSmithKline’s HIV Business

Interested in GSK? Don't miss the next report.

Receive e-mail alerts for new research on GSK

Success! You are now receiving e-mail alerts for new research. A temporary password for your new Market Realist account has been sent to your e-mail address.

Success! has been added to your Ticker Alerts.

Success! has been added to your Ticker Alerts. Subscriptions can be managed in your user profile.

The above chart shows revenues of Viiv Healthcare over the last few quarters.

2Q17 performance

HIV products reported a 29.0% rise in revenues to 1.1 billion pounds in 2Q17 compared to 2Q16, driven by the strong performances of Tivicay and Triumeq, partially offset by lower sales of Epzicom/Kivexa in the European markets.

Tivicay and Triumeq

Tivicay, a drug for the treatment of HIV-1 infections in combination with other antiretroviral drugs, reported a 37.0% rise in revenues at constant exchange rates to 340.0 million pounds in 2Q17 compared to 2Q16. Growth was driven by increased demand in US and European markets as well as international markets.

Triumeq, a drug approved for use in combination with three antiviral drugs, reported a 44.0% rise in revenues at constant exchange rates to 648.0 million pounds compared to 2Q16.

Both of these drugs are expected to report an annual revenue of ~4.5 billion pounds by 2020.

Other products

Other products from Viiv Healthcare include Combivir and Lexiva. These products reported a 25.0% fall in revenues to 36.0 million pounds compared to 2Q16.

Epzicom/Kivexa reported a 63.0% fall in revenues to 63.0 million pounds compared to 2Q16. Revenues for Epzicom were impacted by patent expiration in 3Q16 and subsequent competition from generic products.

Selzentry reported a 13.0% fall in revenues to 29.0 million pounds compared to 2Q16 due to competition from other drugs.

The Vanguard FTSE Europe ETF (VGK) holds 0.90% of its total assets in GlaxoSmithKline. VGK also holds 1.0% in Sanofi (SNY), 1.9% in Novartis (NVS), and 0.70% in Novo Nordisk (NVO).

X

Please select a profession that best describes you: