GlaxoSmithKline’s Recent 3Q17 Developments
A look at GlaxoSmithKline
Headquartered in Brentford, Middlesex, United Kingdom, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a British multinational pharmaceutical company reporting its financials in British pounds.
Interested in GSK? Don't miss the next report.
Receive e-mail alerts for new research on GSK
The above chart shows recent developments for GlaxoSmithKline.
Recent developments for GlaxoSmithKline include the following:
- On September 27, 2017, the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (or MHLW) approved Benlysta for the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus (or SLE) in patients who are not cured using existing therapies.
- On September 20, 2017, GlaxoSmithKline and Innoviva (INVA) announced positive top-line results from the IMPACT study, a Phase III study evaluating Trelegy Ellipta for reducing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (or COPD) exacerbations.
- On September 18, 2017, the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration) approved Trelegy Ellipta as a once-daily, single inhaler triple therapy fluticasone furoate/umeclidinium/vilanterol as a long-term maintenance treatment for COPD, including chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
- On September 15, 2017, the European Medicines Agency’s (or EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (or CHMP) gave a positive opinion to recommend marketing authorization of Trelegy Ellipta as a maintenance treatment for COPD.
- On September 15, 2017, the EMA’s CHMP recommended a new subcutaneous formulation of Benslyta as an add-on therapy for active autoantibody-positive SLE.
- On September 13, 2017, the FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee voted unanimously for Shingrix for the prevention of herpes zoster in patients over 50 years of age.
- On September 12, 2017, GlaxoSmithKline announced the publishing of data from the METREX and METREO studies evaluating mepolizumab for the treatment of COPD. The data were published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
The VanEck Vectors Pharmaceutical ETF (PPH) has invested 4.5% of its total assets in GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). PPH also holds 4.6% in Eli Lilly (LLY), 5.0% in Sanofi (SNY), and 5.0% in Merck & Co. (MRK).