X
<

Comparing Royalty Interest Owner MLPs: VNOM and BSM

PART:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Part 11
Comparing Royalty Interest Owner MLPs: VNOM and BSM PART 11 OF 11

Analysts Are Leaning This Way on Royalty Owners VNOM and BSM

Viper Energy Partners

Wall Street analysts are extremely bullish on royalty interest owners Viper Energy Partners (VNOM) and Black Stone Minerals (BSM), with 100.0% of the analysts rating Viper Energy Partners a “buy”—until UBS initiated a coverage on the stock and assigned a “neutral” rating, which is equivalent to “hold.”

Analysts Are Leaning This Way on Royalty Owners VNOM and BSM

Now, 91.7% of analysts’ surveyed by Reuters rate VNOM a “buy,” while only 8.3% rate it as “hold” as of October 3, 2017. Overall, VNOM has seen seven rating updates in 2017 to date, including four upgrades and three new coverages.

VNOM’s average target price of $21.7 implies a ~14% upside potential from its current price level.

Black Stone Minerals

By comparison, 80.0% of the analysts rate BSM a “buy,” and the remaining 20.0% rate it as “hold” as of October 3. Stifel Nicolaus last upgraded BSM to “buy” in March 2017. This is the only rating update that BSM has seen in 2017.

BSM is currently trading close to the low range ($17.0) of the analysts’ target prices. BSM’s average target price of $19.4 implies ~14% upside potential from its current price level.

For an analysis of the top MLPs (master limited partnerships) by analyst ratings, check out Market Realist’s The Top 7 MLPs According to the Analysts.

X

Please select a profession that best describes you: