How Weather Is Affecting US Natural Gas Futures
Natural gas futures
Similarly, E-Mini S&P 500 (SPY) December futures contracts fell 0.05% to 2,506 in electronic trading at 2:00 AM EST.
US natural gas prices are down 16.6% YTD (year-to-date). Moves in natural gas prices impact energy producers (XLE) (IEZ) and ETFs. The YTD returns for the top five natural gas ETFs, ranked by assets under management, are as follows.
- The VelocityShares 3x Long Natural Gas ETN (UGAZ) is down 74.7% YTD.
- The United States Natural Gas Fund (UNG) is down 29.6% YTD.
- The VelocityShares 3x Inverse Natural Gas ETN (DGAZ) has risen 58.1% YTD.
- The Ultra Bloomberg Natural Gas ETF (BOIL) is down 53.3% YTD.
- The United States 12 Month Natural Gas Fund (UNL) is down 15% YTD.
Interested in UNG? Don't miss the next report.
Receive e-mail alerts for new research on UNG
The eastern United States may experience showers and thunderstorms next week. These regions might have cooler-than-average temperatures. The southern United States could face heavy showers for the next few days. The western parts of the country may see warmer-than-average temperatures. Overall, the weather is expected to be mild for the next few weeks.
Changes in weather and demand impact US natural gas inventories.