Analysts’ Recommendations for Crude Tankers in Week 38
The crude tanker index, as well as crude (DBO) tanker stocks, rose in week 38. VLCC (very large crude carrier) rates rose due to higher demand in the Middle East market. On the other hand, Suezmax and Aframax rates fell in the week ending September 22, 2017 (week 38). In this part, we’ll look at analysts’ recommendations for crude tankers and analysts’ recent revisions.
Interested in DBO? Don't miss the next report.
Receive e-mail alerts for new research on DBO
In the previous week, none of the analysts revised their recommendations or target prices for crude tanker companies. In week 37, Maxim Group cut the target price for Tsakos Energy Navigation (TNP) to $6 from $7 and maintained a “buy” rating.
- Out of the nine analysts, none of the analysts gave a “strong buy” or “buy” for Nordic American Tankers (NAT). Five analysts recommended a “hold,” two analysts recommended a “sell,” and two analysts recommended a “strong sell” for the stock.
- Seven analysts gave recommendations on Gener8 Maritime Partners (GNRT). Two analysts recommended a “strong buy,” three recommended a “buy,” and two recommended a “hold” for the stock.
- Four analysts gave recommendations on Frontline (FRO). One analyst recommended a “buy,” three analysts recommended a “hold,” and one analyst recommended a “sell” for the stock.
- Ten analysts gave recommendations on Tsakos Energy Navigation (TNP). Two analysts recommended a “strong buy,” six recommended a “buy,” and two recommended a “hold” for the stock.
- Four analysts gave recommendations on Navios Maritime Midstream Partners (NAP). Three analysts gave a “hold” recommendation and one analyst gave a “sell” recommendation for the stock.