What's Driving Pfizer’s Valuation after 2Q17 Earnings PART 8 OF 8
Pfizer’s Corporate and Pipeline Developments in 2Q17
Apart from Pfizer’s (PFE) product developments, let’s take a look at some recent pipeline and corporate developments.
Interested in PFE? Don't miss the next report.
Receive e-mail alerts for new research on PFE
- In July 2017, Pfizer entered into a licensing agreement with Basilea Pharmaceutica for exclusive commercialization rights of Cresemba (isavuconazole) for Europe. Cresemba is an antifungal treatment for invasive aspergillosis and mucormycosis.
- In May 2017, Pfizer entered into a global collaboration and license agreement with Sangamo for the development and commercialization of the gene therapy programs for Hemophilia A.
- Pfizer and Merck (MRK) announced the two Phase 3 studies—Vertis Met and Vertis Sita, which were evaluating Ertugliflozin for improving glycemic control in patients with Type 2 diabetes—met their primary endpoints in June 2017.
- Pfizer announced that the Reflections B7391003 study—which evaluated PF-06439535, a proposed biosimilar bevacizumab, for safety and efficacy compared to Avastin (bevacizumab)—met its primary endpoints in July 2017.
- Pfizer and Eli Lilly and Co. (LLY) announced that Tanezumab received fast-track designation from the US Food and Drugs Administration (or FDA) for the treatment of osteoarthritis and chronic lower back pain in June 2017.