Economic Indicators Investors Should Watch This Week
There are several important economic indicators that investors should watch this week:
- US (QQQ) ADP employment report
- US (SPY) non-farm payroll
- US (IWM) final manufacturing PMI (purchasing managers’ index)
- UK (EWU) final manufacturing PMI
- China (FXI) manufacturing PMI
- German (EWG) final manufacturing PMI
- India’s (INDA) manufacturing PMI
- Eurozone (EZU) (VGK) final manufacturing PMI
Interested in ACWI? Don't miss the next report.
Receive e-mail alerts for new research on ACWI
Performance of ACWI
The performance of the iShares MSCI All Country World Index ETF (ACWI) depends on the performance of the above global indicators. It’s important for investors to track the performance of these indicators to understand global market movement.
The most important indicators for this week are the US jobs report and the manufacturing PMI of the major developed (EFA) and emerging nations (EEM). Emerging nations have given strong performances so far this year. The change in demographics in the emerging economies and various policy reforms from governments of emerging nations could be major economic drivers.
If the manufacturing PMIs and service PMIs of both the emerging and developed economies see solid improvements, then the overall business climate of the global economy (ACWI) could improve.
You may also be interested to read Why Hedge Funds Have a Dull Outlook on the Market in 2H17 for more analysis.