X
<

Targa Resources: Will 4Q16 Results Boost Its Stock?

PART:
1 2 3 4 5 6
Part 3
Targa Resources: Will 4Q16 Results Boost Its Stock? PART 3 OF 6

Is Targa Resources’ Cash Flow Stable?

Fee-based income

Targa Resources (TRGP) expects 79% of its 2016 operating income to be fee-based. The remaining 21% is expected to come from POP (percent-of-proceeds) contracts. In POP contracts, an MLP gathers and processes natural gas on behalf of producer customers. It sells the residue gas and NGLs (natural gas liquids) produced from processing. The company remits a previously agreed percentage of the proceeds to the producer and retains the rest. So, the prices of natural gas and NGLs impact the revenue of MLPs that hold such contracts.

Is Targa Resources’ Cash Flow Stable?

Interested in TRGP? Don't miss the next report.

Receive e-mail alerts for new research on TRGP

Success! You are now receiving e-mail alerts for new research. A temporary password for your new Market Realist account has been sent to your e-mail address.

Success! has been added to your Ticker Alerts.

Success! has been added to your Ticker Alerts. Subscriptions can be managed in your user profile.

Fee-based margins are generally more stable because they aren’t impacted directly by commodity prices.

Business mix

Targa Resources diversified from a predominantly gathering and processing company to a company with significant downstream operations. In 3Q16, downstream operations contributed 44% to the company’s operating income.

Targa Resources’ gathering and processing operations also diversified to more than ten shales or resource plays from only one at the time of its initial public offering in 2007.

The diversification generates more stability in Targa Resources’ cash flows.

X

Please select a profession that best describes you: