X
<

Did Emerson Electric Beat Analysts’ 1Q17 Earning Estimates?

PART:
1 2 3 4
Part 2
Did Emerson Electric Beat Analysts’ 1Q17 Earning Estimates? PART 2 OF 4

How Did Emerson Electric’s Operating Segments Fare in Fiscal 1Q17?

Emerson Electric’s operating segments

Emerson Electric (EMR) reports its sales under two operating segments: Automation Solutions and Commercial & Residential Solutions. The Commercial & Residential Solutions segment includes the results of company’s Climate Technologies and Tools & Home Products businesses.

In fiscal 1Q16, EMR’s Automation Solutions segment accounted for ~65% of the company’s total sales. The remaining 35% of its sales came from its Commercial & Residential Solutions segment.

How Did Emerson Electric’s Operating Segments Fare in Fiscal 1Q17?

Interested in EMR? Don't miss the next report.

Receive e-mail alerts for new research on EMR

Success! You are now receiving e-mail alerts for new research. A temporary password for your new Market Realist account has been sent to your e-mail address.

Success! has been added to your Ticker Alerts.

Success! has been added to your Ticker Alerts. Subscriptions can be managed in your user profile.

Automation Solutions segment

For fiscal 1Q17, Emerson Electric (EMR) reported ~$2.1 billion in sales from its Automation Solutions segment compared to ~$2.2 billion in fiscal 1Q16, accounting for nearly 61% of the company’s total sales. According to the company’s earnings call, the decline in its Automation Solutions sales was primarily due to low-level spending in the energy-related and general industrial markets in fiscal 1Q17.

However, Emerson Electric expects that the improving MRO1 spending by its Oil & Gas customers could benefit the company in the next two quarters. Notably, the company witnessed an ~8% decline in its underlying organic sales on a YoY (year-over-year) basis. The decline in energy-related sales was offset by the growth in the segment’s Power, Chemical, and Life Sciences business to some extent.

Commercial & Residential Solutions segment

Emerson Electric (EMR) reported ~$1.3 billion in sales from its Control Products & Solutions segment in fiscal 1Q17 compared to ~$1.2 billion during fiscal 1Q16. This accounted for nearly 39% of the company’s total sales.

The company reported segmental organic sales growth of 7% on a YoY basis. The segment’s overall sales rose 6% compared to the sales reported for fiscal 1Q16.

Next, we’ll look into Emerson Electric’s fiscal 1Q17 operational performance.

  1. maintenance, repair, and overhaul
X

Please select a profession that best describes you: