X
<

Why 2017 Looks Bright for MLPs

PART:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Part 14
Why 2017 Looks Bright for MLPs PART 14 OF 14

Which MLPs Look Attractive for 2017?

Williams Partners

In this article, we’ll look at the MLPs that Wall Street analysts expect to have attractive upsides in 2017. Williams Partners (WPZ) looks attractive despite its high leverage and flat distributions. 

Of the analysts surveyed by Reuters, 71.0% rate WPZ as a “hold,” and the remaining 29.0% rate it as a “buy.” The MLP has no “sell” recommendations. WPZ’s average target price of $55.00 implies a 41.6% price return in the next 12 months from its January 4, 2017, closing price of $38.90.

Which MLPs Look Attractive for 2017?

Interested in WPZ? Don't miss the next report.

Receive e-mail alerts for new research on WPZ

Success! You are now receiving e-mail alerts for new research. A temporary password for your new Market Realist account has been sent to your e-mail address.

Success! has been added to your Ticker Alerts.

Success! has been added to your Ticker Alerts. Subscriptions can be managed in your user profile.

Sunoco Logistics Partners

Sunoco Logistics Partners (SXL) looks attractive considering its strong Permian and Northeast exposure and strong distribution targets. Moreover, the partnership is expected to benefit from its merger with Energy Transfer Partners (ETP). For more details, please read Checking in with Sunoco Logistics after Its Merger Announcement.

Of the analysts surveyed, 55.0% rate SXL as a “buy,” 40.0% rate it as a “hold,” and the remaining 5.0% rate it as a “sell.” SXL’s average target price of $30.80 implies a 26.2% return from its January 4, 2017, closing price of $24.40.

Enterprise Products Partners

Enterprise Products Partners (EPD) underperformed the MLP sector in 2016. The company has a track record of consistent growth and financial discipline, and it is expected to offer an attractive upside in 2017.

Of the analysts surveyed, 93.0% rate EPD as a “buy” and 7.0% rate it as a “hold.” None of the surveyed analysts rated EPD as a “sell.” EPD’s average target price of $32.00 implies a 17% price return from its current price of $27.40. You can learn more about EPD in Enterprise Products Partners: What Will Fuel Growth in 2017?

Cheniere Energy Partners

Cheniere Energy Partners (CQP), which started LNG (liquefied natural gas) exports from two out of five proposed LNG trains at Sabine Pass, is expecting substantial completion of Train 3 at Sabine Pass in mid-2017. This is expected to drive the partnership’s earnings significantly higher in 2017 while the valuations are low.

Of the analysts surveyed by Reuters, 76.0% rate CQP as a “buy,” and the remaining 24.0% rate it as a “hold.” The MLP has no “sell” recommendations. CQP’s average target price of $35.10 implies a 19.5% return from its January 4, 2017, closing price of $29.40.

EQT Midstream Partners

EQT Midstream Partners (EQM) is a top pick among Wall Street analysts for 2017, considering its strong distribution growth guidance, low leverage, and significant expansion opportunities. For details, please read Why EQT Midstream Partners Is a Top Pick among MLPs.

The partnership has a “buy” rating from 82% of analysts. All five stocks are holdings of the Alerian MLP ETF (AMLP).

X

Please select a profession that best describes you: