Pre-Market Report: OPEC's Deal Impacts Markets on December 1 PART 4 OF 6
Utilities and Telecom Services Dragged the S&P 500 Down
NYSE sector performance
- The health care sector fell 0.95% on November 30.
- McKesson (MCK) (+1.8%) and Mylan Nv Ord Shs (+1.5%) were the top performers.
- Vertex Pharmaceutic (VRTX) (-4.7%) and Dentsply Sirona (-3.8%) were the bottom performers.
- Magellan Health (MGLN), a major US healthcare company, rose 0.14% and hovered at 52-week high levels on November 30. Recently, Magellan Health announced its 2017 fiscal guidance. It expects to generate net revenue between $5.8 billion and $6.1 billion in 2017.
- Read Diversification Is Key to AbbVie’s Long-Term Growth Prospects to understand AbbVie’s (ABBV) growth prospects.
Interested in ACN? Don't miss the next report.
Receive e-mail alerts for new research on ACN
- The information technology sector fell 1.2% on November 30.
- Juniper Networks (JNPR) (+2.8%) and Qualcomm (QCOM) (+2.0%) were the top performers.
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI) (+3.5%) and Autodesk (ADSK) (+3.5%) were the bottom performers.
- Accenture (ACN), major information technology company, fell 1.3% on November 30. After acquiring a big stake in IMJ, a Japan-based digital agency, Accenture announced that it’s acquiring Karmarama, an independent United Kingdom-based creative agency.
- Read Digital Revenue Drove Activision Blizzard’s 3Q16 Growth to understand the factors behind Activision Blizzard’s 3Q16 performance.
- The consumer staples sector fell 1.7% on November 30.
- CVS (CVX) (+1.3%) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) (+1.1%) were the top performers.
- Mondelez Intl Cmn A (MDLG) (-3.8%) and Tyson Foods (TSN) (+3.7%) were the bottom performers.
- Coca-Cola (KO), a major carbonated soft drink company, fell 1.9% on November 30. Coca-Cola opened a new bottling facility in Gaza on November 30 with a bottling capacity of $20 million.
- Read Will Kroger Beat Expectations for 12th Time in a Row in 3Q17? for a preview of Kroger’s 3Q17 results.
- The telecom services sector fell 2.1% on November 30.
- Juniper Networks (JNPR) (+2.8%) and Echostar (SATS) (+1.5%) were the top performers.
- Extreme Networks (EXTR) (-5.6%) and Cincinnati Bell (CBB) (-4%) were the bottom performers.
- AT&T (T) fell 2.1% on November 30. AT&T launched its new DIRECTV Now service on November 30.
- Read Intel’s Business Transformation Could Bear Fruit in 2017 to learn about Intel (INTC) and the factors that could support its growth.
- The utility sector fell 3.2% on November 30.
- NRG Energy (NRG) (+0.27%) and Centerpoint Energy (CNP) (-0.95%) were the top performers.
- American Water Works (AWK) (-4.6%) and Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED) (-4%) were the bottom performers.
- Read Analysts See a Robust Upside in NRG Energy Stock for analysis of NRG Energy (NRG).