The Weekly Realist real estate roundup is a summary of real estate–related trading and economics
The roundup is a weekly series in which we discuss the week’s trading in TBA (To-Be-Announced) mortgage-backed securities. We’ll see where mortgage rates have been and we’ll go over the weekly economic data and earnings announcements. Then we’ll look forward to what’s coming up the following week. The information in this series will be relevant to mortgage REITs like American Capital Agency (AGNC), Annaly (NLY), Hatteras (HTS), Capstead (CMO), MFA Financial (MFA) and people who invest in homebuilders.
We’ll start with the recap of TBA trading for the week.
- Part 1 - Exploring performance and yields for Mortgage REITs
- Part 2 - Lack of volatility implications for NLY, AGNC
- Part 3 - Ginnie Mae TBA trading
- Part 4 - Mortgage Rates Jump
- Part 5 - Impact of economic strength on REITs
- Part 6 - The upcoming FOMC meeting
- Part 7 - Recommendation: how to play increasing interest rates for Mortgage REITs
© 2013 Market Realist, Inc.