The Weekly Realist real estate roundup is a summary of real estate–related trading and economics
The roundup is a weekly series in which we discuss the week’s trading in TBA (To-Be-Announced) mortgage-backed securities. We’ll see where mortgage rates have been and we’ll go over the weekly economic data and earnings announcements. Then we’ll look forward to what’s coming up the following week. The information in this series will be relevant to mortgage REIT investors and people who invest in homebuilders.
We’ll start with the recap of TBA trading for the week.
- Part 1 - Why you should follow this week’s Realist real estate roundup
- Part 2 - Fannie Mae TBAs flat as rates stabilize, good for mortgage REITs
- Part 3 - Ginnie Mae TBAs flat, low volatility good for mortgage REITs
- Part 4 - Mortgage rates decline over the week, good for homebuilders
- Part 5 - Preview of the bonds week ahead: All about Friday’s jobs report
- Part 6 - Week in review: Why we saw a quiet bonds week ahead of Labor Day
© 2013 Market Realist, Inc.