The Weekly Realist real estate roundup is a summary of real estate–related trading and economics
The roundup is a weekly series in which we discuss the week’s trading in TBA (To-Be-Announced) mortgage-backed securities. We’ll see where mortgage rates have been and we’ll go over the weekly economic data and earnings announcements. Then we’ll look forward to what’s coming up the following week. The information in this series will be relevant to mortgage REIT investors and people who invest in homebuilders.
We’ll start with the recap of TBA trading for the week.
- Part 1 - Why REIT and homebuilder investors should follow this roundup
- Part 2 - 10-year bond breaks out of its trading range on positive reports
- Part 3 - Ginnie Mae securities liquidity falls, affecting mortgage rates
- Part 4 - Mortgage rates and bonds fall, but homebuilder opportunity ahead
- Part 5 - Last week’s heavy data spooks bond investors, negative for REITs
- Part 6 - Next week’s FOMC statement will be the only market-moving data
- Part 7 - Recommendation: How to position yourself in this environment
© 2013 Market Realist, Inc.